How to Make Easy Keto Chicken Parmesan
Want to stick to your keto diet but still want a tasty and filling Italian meal? Stop looking! This easy and delicious Keto Chicken Parmesan recipe will meet all your needs. This low-carb version of a classic favorite will quickly become a staple in your keto kitchen. It has soft chicken, rich marinara sauce, and melty cheese. Let’s start cooking by looking at the plan.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sugar-free marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
- Preheat the Oven- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) to ensure it’s nice and hot for baking the chicken.
- Prepare the Chicken- Lay the chicken breasts on a cutting board and use a meat mallet or the back of a heavy pan to gently pound them to an even thickness, about 1/2 inch thick. This will help the chicken cook evenly.
- Set Up Your Coating Station- In a shallow dish, combine almond flour, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In another shallow dish, beat the eggs.
- Coat the Chicken- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten eggs, making sure it’s evenly coated. Then, dredge it in the almond flour and Parmesan mixture, pressing the coating onto the chicken to ensure it sticks.
- Cook the Chicken- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, place the coated chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until the coating is golden brown.
- Add the Sauce and Cheese-Spoon the sugar-free marinara sauce over each chicken breast, making sure to cover the entire surface. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake to Perfection- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve and Garnish- Remove the skillet from the oven, and let it cool for a minute or two. Garnish with fresh basil leaves for a burst of flavor and color.
- Enjoy Your Keto Chicken Parmesan- Serve your Keto Chicken Parmesan with a side of zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, or a crisp garden salad.
This Keto Chicken Parmesan recipe is a great twist on traditional Italian food, but it doesn’t lose any of the taste or flavor. It’s a keto-friendly choice with a golden, crispy coating and gooey, melted cheese that will satisfy your taste buds and help you stick to your low-carb lifestyle. Enjoy this delicious meal with your family and friends and feel good about indulging in a delicious Italian feast without feeling guilty.
Recipe for Feta and Herb-Crusted Salmon
This Feta Herb-Crusted Salmon recipe is a must-try if you’re looking for a tasty and healthy way to eat salmon. This dish is great for both weeknight dinners and special events because it has feta cheese, fresh herbs, and tender salmon fillets. Salmon is a favorite among fish lovers because it tastes great and has a great texture from the herb crust. Let’s get started on the recipe and make a tasty meal that will blow your mind.
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Preheat the Oven-Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) to ensure it’s ready for baking the salmon.
- Prepare the Herb Crust Mixture- In a small bowl, combine the crumbled feta cheese, chopped parsley, chopped dill, minced garlic, fresh lemon juice, and Dijon mustard. Mix everything well until you have a thick, herb-infused paste.
- Season the Salmon- Pat the salmon fillets dry with a paper towel and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season the salmon with a pinch of salt and pepper, ensuring it’s evenly distributed.
- Apply the Herb Crust- Spoon the feta herb mixture generously on top of each salmon fillet, pressing it gently to create a crust that adheres to the fish.
- Bake the Salmon- Drizzle olive oil over the herb-crusted salmon fillets to keep them moist during baking. Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and the crust turns golden brown.
- Serve and Enjoy- Carefully remove the salmon from the oven and let it rest for a minute. Serve the Feta Herb-Crusted Salmon with lemon wedges on the side, which adds a refreshing zing to each bite.
- Pair with Sides- For a complete meal, serve the salmon alongside your favorite low-carb side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, garlic sautéed spinach, or a fresh green salad.
This recipe for salmon with a feta and herb crust is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy fish. When you mix tangy feta cheese with fragrant fresh herbs, you get a delicious crust that goes well with the tender salmon pieces. This easy-to-make dish is both beautiful and full of flavor, so it’s sure to impress your family and friends. This recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your kitchen, whether you make it for a special event or a simple weeknight dinner.
Can I make the bread with a different kind of cheese?
Yes, you can try different cheeses, like goat cheese or shredded Parmesan, to make a new taste.
Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh ones?
Even though fresh herbs have the best taste, dry herbs can be used in a pinch. Keep in mind that dried herbs have a stronger effect, so change the amount to match.
How do I know if the salmon is fully cooked?
When you can easily split the salmon with a fork, it’s done. To keep it juicy, don’t cook it too much.
Can I make the bread with herbs ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the crust filling with the herbs ahead of time and put it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
Does this recipe work with the keto diet?
Absolutely! This salmon with a feta and herb crust is low in carbs and goes well with a keto-friendly meal plan.
Can I replace chicken breasts with chicken thighs?
Absolutely! You can use boneless, skinless chicken legs instead, which will make the dish more juicy and flavorful.
What can I replace almond flour with?
If you can’t eat nuts, you can try covering the chicken with coconut flour or crushed pork rinds instead.
Is the sugar-free marinara sauce from the store or did you make it yourself?
You can either buy sugar-free marinara sauce or make it yourself, based on your taste and how much time you have.
Can I freeze what is left?
Yes, you can put the extras in a container that won’t let air in and freeze them for up to three months.
Can I top the food with other things?
Absolutely! You can get creative and add items that are good for keto, like pepperoni, olives, or even sliced bell peppers, to make the pizza taste better.