Potato lovers rejoice! We’ve found a must-know flour trick that makes sure your potato patties are always crispy and tasty. Whether you’re a pro in the kitchen or just starting out this simple but effective tip will help you make better potato patties. So, get ready to wow your family and friends with this delicious meal!
Recipe- Crispy Potato Patties
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Also, Read-Healthy soup recipes to jump-start your diet
- In a large bowl, combine the grated potatoes, chopped onion, minced garlic, all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper, and paprika (if using). Mix everything thoroughly until well combined
- Take a handful of the potato mixture and shape it into a patty. Repeat with the remaining mixture until all the patties are formed
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat
- Carefully place the potato patties in the hot oil, ensuring not to overcrowd the pan. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they turn golden brown and crispy
- Once cooked, remove the patties from the pan and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil
- Serve the crispy potato patties hot with your favorite dipping sauce or alongside a fresh green salad for a delightful meal
The must-know flour trick for crispy potato patties is a game-changer in the culinary world, taking this standard dish to new levels of deliciousness. By simply adding all-purpose flour to the chopped potato mixture, you can give it a wonderful crunch that will make everyone want more. The recipe for crispy potato cakes is simple and easy for cooks of all levels to follow. With grated potatoes, onions, garlic, and just the right amount of spice, every bite will make your mouth water.
Can I make this recipe with a different kind of flour?
For this recipe, all-purpose flour works best because it helps hold the potato filling together and makes the patties crispy. But if you don’t want to use gluten, you can try other flour like chickpea flour or rice flour.
Can I make the potato patties before they’re needed?
Yes, you can make the potato patties in advance and put them in the fridge for up to 24 hours before you fry them. Just make sure they don’t dry out by keeping them covered.
Can I put other things in with the potatoes?
Of course! You can change the recipe to your liking by adding your favorite herbs, spices, or even sliced cheese to the potatoes.